FARS Education and Training
FARS are compatible with standard equipment used throughout the fire service. We provide free on-site training to local fire departments as part of every RescueAir FARS installation.
We also offer educational and training materials with detailed information about our products and their proper use, the code adoption process, air management and replenishment, as well as techniques to identify and address fire safety issues related to environments that are immediately dangerous to life and health.
These materials are available at no cost. Contact us to learn more, or browse the sampling of educational videos, articles, and workbooks below.
- International Code Council (ICC) Slide Show on FARS Appendix L by Keven Scott of Kevin Scott Associates
- FARS Code Adoption Workbook
- Training Manual for Firefighter Air Replenishment Systems Second Edition
- High-Rise Structure Fire Tactics
- Lifeline in the Sky Training Video
- FARS Webinar: Getting Air Where You Need it at the Biggest Fire of Your Life
- Captain Mike Gagliano Gives a 3-Minute Demo of FARS from the RescueAir Booth at FDIC 2017
- FARS Training Guide by Fire Engineering Magazine
- Firehouse Magazine Special Issue on Air Management and FARS in Big Box Structures by Brian Schaeffer
- Chief Gary P. Morris, High-Rise Firefighter Air Replenishment Systems
For more FARS information, including fire service research, education, training, and FARS code resources, please visit the Firefighter Air Coalition's FARS page.